Turkey Minestrone Soup2018-01-24
Turkey Minestrone Soup
- In a large cast iron dutch oven or large pot, heat the oil on med-high heat until it begins to shimmer.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots. Cook for about 5-10 minutes, or until the onions become translucent. Add the garlic and dried rosemary and cook for another minute or so.
- Remove the stems of the Swiss chard and discard. Coarsely chop up the leafy greens and add them to the soup. Add in the frozen green beans, can of tomatoes and the bay leaf. Stir and allow to cook until the Swiss chard has wilted. (about 10 minutes)
- Add in the broth (stock). Bring soup to boil and turn down to simmer. Cover loosely and allow to simmer until the veggies are all tender. (about 30 – 40 minutes for me)
- Once the veggies are tender, add in both cans of beans and stir. Bring broth back up to a low boil, without cover, and add in the dried pasta. Cook for another 8 – 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Add in the turkey and heat through. Turn off heat. Take out the bay leaf and discard. Taste for salt and pepper, and add as you like. Finish soup with the apple cider vinegar. Ladle into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.