- Cook the bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Drain on a paper towel.
- Crumble and set aside.
- Remove the turkey Italian sausage links from the casing and place in the Dutch oven along with the diced onion.
- Saute until the onion is soft and the sausage is cooked. Add the garlic, stirring frequently for 45 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, milk, and potatoes.
- Add Swiss chard or kale along with the crushed red pepper, sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium low for 15 minutes or until hot.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with crumbled bacon.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe