Sweet Chili Sauce2017-09-11
Sweet Chili Sauce
- 120g long red chillies, stems discarded and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbs potato starch
- Process the fresh chillies and garlic until they are in small pieces but not a paste.
- In a medium saucepan, place the processed chillies and garlic, sugars, vinegar and the dried chilli flakes with 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a hard boil over a medium to high heat and continue to boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is cooking, mix the potato starch into a slurry in a small bowl with 2 tbs of water.
- Once the chillies have boiled for 10 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the starch slurry. The mixture should immediately thicken.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a jar.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe