No Cook Hot Sauce2017-10-10
No Cook Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup green cowhorn peppers, stems removed (You can substitute jalapenos or banana peppers.)
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons good apricot preserves (more jam = milder hot sauce)
1. Toss everything into your blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Taste and add more jam, if need be. Even the same variety of pepper can vary in heat quite a bit, depending on growing conditions. The hotter the pepper, the more jam you’ll add to offset the heat.
2. Store in the refrigerator. Since this hot sauce recipe contains no emulsifiers, you’ll need to give it a good shake before using it.