Mexican Style Green Table Sauce2017-10-10
Mexican Style Green Table Sauce
- 6 tomatillos
- 6 jalapeno peppers (Serranos are great as well), but NOTE: I used Sugar Rush chili peppers with this recipe as well, as shown in the photo above.
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil as needed
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, or the broil setting.
- Toss the garlic cloves in a bit of oil and salt, then wrap loosely in aluminum foil. Set into the oven and bake for a total of 20 minutes.
- Slice tomatillos and chili peppers in half lengthwise and set them onto a lightly oiled baking sheet, skin sides up.
- Set into oven and bake for 12 minutes. Be sure not to get too close to the top heating element or the tops will burn too much.
- Remove all items from the oven and cool slightly.
- Place tomatillos, chili peppers, cilantro, and lime juice into a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Salt to taste and serve!