Jalapeño Cheddar Focaccia Bread2017-09-29
Jalapeño Cheddar Focaccia Bread
- ¼ oz active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sliced jalapenos (fresh or pickled)
- Combine the yeast, sugar and water in a large bowl.
- Wait 10 minutes until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Add the flour, salt and butter.
- Form the mixture into a ball, place on a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Spread 2 tbsp olive oil on the inside of a bowl and place the kneaded dough into the bowl.
- Cover the bowl and allow the dough to rise for an hour and a half or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Split the dough in half and form into two oval shapes on a baking stone.
- Use your finger to press indentations into the bread.
- Brush 1 tbsp of olive oil on each loaf.
- Top each loaf with cheddar cheese and jalapeños.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.