- Place the chile pepper in a food processor or blender with the water, vinegar, lime juice, salt, and sugar, and process until smooth.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, green onions and cilantro to a bowl, and toss the pepper liquid with them, along with the olive oil, mixing well.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt/sugar/black pepper as needed.
- Store salsa in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Salsa de Aji Picante: Colombian Hot Pepper Salsa2017-10-10
Salsa de Aji Picante: Colombian Hot Pepper Salsa
- 1 habanero chile pepper (seeded and minced)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (minced)
- 6 green onions (white and green parts, chopped)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Black pepper (to taste)