Oyster Rockefeller Recipe2019-08-19
Oyster Rockefeller Recipe
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 cups fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 24 oysters
- Hollandaise Sauce:
- 3 eggs; separated
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup cold butter cut into pieces
- salt & pepper
1. Preheat over's broiler. Shuck the oysters.
2. In a skillet melt butter and add the garlic and onion, saute but do not brown. Add the spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.
3. Lay the shucked oysters in a baking dish. Spoon the spinach mixture on top of each oyster.
Prepare Hollandaise Sauce:
1. Whisk together egg yolks, wine and lemon juice until frothy in the top of a double boiler. Place over simmering water. Whisk constantly, add a piece of butter at time, wait until piece melts before adding another. Salt and pepper as needed. Do not let heat too much, just until starts to thickened or butter will start to separate from mixture.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the egg yolk mixture. Spoon onto each oyster and then add cheese and bread crumbs. Broil until golden and serve.